Monday, June 7, 2010

Classes start in two weeks...

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted an update here. Anyway... on to better news :'(

I finally did something that I have been talking about and thinking about doing for the past several years - I'm going back to school :) Kinda.

I signed up to take some classes at the Academy of Art Institute Online. The online courses offer me the flexibility to keep my full time job without having to worry about making it to class on time on a regular basis... plus, the only schools around here that even offer the degree I want (Industrial Design) are in NYC and that's a good amount of time for a commute.

So now I can come home after working a full day and sit in front of my computer for a few hours every night, yay! They are telling me that each course will require approximately 20 hours per week, and I have two courses that start on 6.21 - so I'm working a full 40 hour work week (42 hours, technically) and then 40 hours of class... not sure when I'm going to sleep. Or eat. Or watch TV. Or make toys. Or... you get it.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.